- Open to all artists over the age of 18 of any nationality or country of residence. This includes all amateur and professional artists, associations, groups of artists, galleries, agencies or schools.
- You can enter as many disciplines as you wish and present up to 3 projects or works in a single discipline.
- All artists must have successfully completed the application form with the correct information. The participating artist or group is solely responsible for the accuracy of the information provided on their application, if the information provided is incorrect the Festival is not responsible if it fails to locate the artist selected.
- The artist or his/her representative(s) must guarantee approval and acceptance of the application rules described here, considering all rights including property, copyright, moral rights and image rights of all those people involved (via model release form for example), names, trademarks, designs or works of art used in the pieces they present, and which do not need to include necessary permits or other conditions required to be able to abide by these terms.
- The artist or his/her representative agrees that the works sent may be exhibited as part of WeArt Festival, in any location or media.
- The artist or his/her representative unconditionally authorizes WeArt Festival to reproduce any exhibit for advertising, promotional, or educational debate purposes that are in direct connection with WeArt Festival, in all media channels worldwide including the festival´s catalogue and subsequent publications, posters, postcards, online documentation and / or television, and can license those specific and limited rights to others only under similar assumptions. WeArt Festival also reserves the right to reproduce the selected works indefinitely for non-commercial means (in the category of past expositions within the Festival website for example) as a public reminder.
- The artist or his/her representative agrees that WeArt Festival can provide the the artist or representative´s contact information to the exhibition´s sponsors for the sole purpose of consulting them on the acquisition or transfer of rights of the artist’s works.
- Responsibility for damage or loss, for any reason, is always the responsibility of the artist. Even so it is recommended that artists take up an adequate insurance policy against these risks. Neither the sponsors, galleries, nor WeArt Festival itself will be held responsible for the duration of the exhibits and the storage period itself for any damages or loss, whether at fault or not.
- In the event of a natural disaster, terrorist attack or any catastrophic event, the festival may be interrupted or canceled without prior notice and WeArt Festival will not be liable for any damages to works. No refunds of entry fees will be made in this case.
- The works submitted must be the own artist or groups original work, unpublished and is not currently awaiting the verdict of a prize-awarding jury or have been awarded previously in another competition or contest.
- The theme is subversion, subversion interpreted in the broadest sense, related to and/or in relation to subversion.
- All intellectual property rights are and shall remain the property of the author.
- There is no time restriction in terms of the time needed to create the work(s).
- The materials you can use creating the works are limitless.
- The final dimensions of these should not exceed 150cm by 150cm by 150cm
3) Rules of eligibility
- All applications must be submitted through the festival’s website (www.weartfestival.com) before July 15th, 2014 August 15th, 2014 at 24:00 Barcelona time (CEST).
- The works selected for the exhibitions are to be delivered either in person or by post.The date and the address will be provided in an email the Festival will send out to the selected artists.
- The right to participate in the Festival is payable through a 25€ nonrefundable subscription fee (debit or credit card). The money raised by subscriptions will be exclusively used towards WeArt Festival production costs. We are working to make our forthcoming editions totally free.
- Participants whose payments are not received will be disqualified.
- All debit or credit card information must be completed and the expiration date must be at least two months after the final date of the festival open call.
- All postal charges (including customs charges and any major tax fees) must be paid for by the artist in advance. WeArt Festival will not be in charge of any works that may incur in costs to the Festival.
- The dates for registration and uploading work to the festival´s site will be from 00.00 on April 15th until 24.00 (CEST) on July 15th August 15th, 2014.
- The address for the delivery and collection will be provided to the artists selected by WeArt Festival in an email.
- Art works that arrive past the times indicated above will not be accepted.
- The judges’ decision is final and cannot be deliberated or discussed in any way. The judges reserve the right to change or withhold the prizes .
- The Festival is judged in terms of equality and anonymity of all original works. We have commissioner guidelines given to them on procedures and the winner selection process as well as potential lawsuits or conflicts of interest.
- The artists selected will be notified of the jury’s decision by email during month of September 2014. It is the artists´ responsibility to contact WeArt Festival if he/she has not received any notification by that date.
5) Collection of works
- When the Festival ends, the works will be made ready for collection in person or through an authorized agent. WeArt will communicate by e-mail the dates and location to collect the works.
- WeArt Festival will not be responsible for any works that are left at any gallery or exhibition venue for more than two weeks after the final collection date. Works left after this period may be discarded without any prior notification.
- For more information on WeArt Festival 2014 email firstname.lastname@example.org
WeArt Barcelona Festival will take place between October and November at various venues in the city of Barcelona.
Participation in WeArt Festival implies full acceptance of these terms and waives any legal claim.